Thursday 26 June 2014

Push and Shove review

Push and Shove 
(The Ghost Bird #6)

By C.L. Stone


About: 

Sang Sorenson struggles with her growing feelings when the Academy boys take her in and draw her closer into their world. They work together to uncover the true secrets happening at Ashley Waters High School, where Principal Hendricks will stop at nothing to take them all down. 

Adding to their complications, Nathan’s father shows up, and he’s just as ruthless and violent as ever, beating up on Nathan. Sang offers Nathan refuge in her home, but Marie is fed up with the boys. She wants them out--all of them—and wants them to take Sang with them. Where will Sang go? What will happen to Nathan? And what about Mr. Hendrick’s spies, watching all of them? 

Kota, Victor, Silas, Nathan, Gabriel, Luke and North will have to focus to get out of this mess, but with Sang assisting them, they’re struggling to keep control. They all promised not to make a move on Sang unless she initiates, but the tension is driving them all to distraction. With the help of Dr. Green and Mr. Blackbourne, they will have to stay strong and engaged. But A first kiss is imminent, and will cost them all more than they could ever have imagined.

Source: Goodreads

My rating: 5/5

My Thoughts:

An avid fan of the Ghostbird series, and all other books by C.L. Stone, I was incredibly excited to read book 6, released in June 2014. In this book we see how Sang gets closer to her academy boys, and at the same time further from her sister Marie. Now that Marie knows Sang isn't her real sister, she hates her more. Marie blames Sang for her mum being in hospital, even for their dad leaving them; none of which was Sang's fault. 

At the same time, there's always a problem that needs to be solved in the Academy, so Sang is busy trying to help the boys there, and it doesn't help that Nathan's horrible father turns up unexpectedly. McCoy is still out there somewhere, as is Volto and everyone is watching their step because of Hendricks watchful eyes. 

I loved reading this chapter in the series and cannot wait until October when book 7 is released. Sang is getting more confident with the boys but more confused with her feelings too! No spoilers but I'm scared that there will be more trouble between the academy boys in the next book. I just hope it doesn't ruin their family :/

Zed (:

Favourite Quotes:

"She fell over," Nathan said.
"Yeah," Gabriel said. "I thought girls fainted all graceful. She just crashed."

It seemed the more time I spent with them, the more I felt their absence when they were gone.

The anger in the pit of my stomach eased a bit more every day the longer I stopped thinking about it. It turned into numbness, and from there, it became easier to examine - from a distance.

"Nathan still has to go with you two," North said.
"It doesn't take three of us to take Sang out," Gabriel said.
"No, it takes Nathan, or me, or Silas to keep you three stooges out of trouble. And Silas and I have to work the diner. So either Nathan goes or you all stay."
"I'm a stooge?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.
North smirked at me. "Sang Baby, you're the stooge."

"Good thing, too. If I hadn't gone through with it, I never would have met Owen..." He squeezed tighter at my feet, reassuring. "Or you. That would have been tragic if I'd missed you."

"Experimenting is how you figure shit out."

"Kota? We've got a problem. Yeah, another one."

"Shut up, I'm talking to her," he snapped at whoever it was. "Sang, Victor says hi."
"Hi Victor."
"She said hi, now fuck off."

As we started up the stairs towards Marie's room, I felt worse and worse about not being able to tell either of them. Secrets appear worse on the outside.

"I don't know. You broke her. You fix her." There was shuffling. "I'm going to go wash the dishes."
"I already did," Mr Blackbourne said, although his voice was almost too soft to hear.
"I'm going to go break one then!"
"Don't..."
"They're my dishes! I'll do it if I want to."


No comments:

Post a Comment